- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Ever since my daughters grew a little more and started to eat a wide variety of foods I always find myself in search for new food ideas that they might enjoy. Especially for breakfast when we are always in a hurry to get ready and on time for kinder garden. Eggs are on the top list in our breakfast meals so this breakfast pizza sounded so good to me that I had to give it a try. We all loved it so much that we'll repeat it pretty often.
This pizza with its crispy dough and fresh ingredients, runny egg and fresh basil on top is one meal you can hardly forget. The best thing is that you can prepare the dough the day before and what is left to do for morning is pretty quick. You can choose whatever ingredients you like best, use bacon instead of prosciutto or make it without meat, in any way it will be delicious. If you want to use homemade tomato sauce here you can find the recipe.
Though it is a perfect dish for breakfast it can actually be served for either lunch or even dinner. It is so tasty and absolutely amazing that is a must for giving it a try.
Slightly adapted after Garlic Girl
- Makes about 1 large or 2 smaller servings
- Pizza Crust
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 5 g fresh yeast (1/2 tsp yeast)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- For Topping
- tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2 strips prosciutto cotto
- fresh basil leaves
- For dusting
- Stir yeast with sugar and dissolve in water. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix flour with salt. Add dissolved yeast and mix everything together.
- Add oil and using your hands start kneading until smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Place in an oiled bowl, cover and let it sit for about 1-2 hours at room temperature, to let the dough rise until doubled in size.
- Onto a floured surface turn the dough, knead for few seconds and cut it in 2 pieces. Form into balls. To use the next day, rub lightly with olive oil, cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 500°F (260°C). If you don't have a pizza stone preheat a baking tray. Dust the parchment paper on which you will bake the pizza with cornmeal.
- With your hands stretch the dough at the edges, moving the dough through your hands in a circle. Leave a little more thickness on the edges.
- Add tomato sauce, cheese slices, cherry tomatoes and prosciutto over the dough. Sprinkle some basil leaves on top. Brush a little bit of olive oil on the edges of the dough.
- Slide onto the pizza stone or preheated back of a tray and cook for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile crack eggs into separate bowls so it would be more easy to add them to pizza while in oven.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, to the center of the pizza and cook for about another 5 minutes more until the dough is nicely golden brown at the edges.
- Remove and top with chopped fresh basil. Slice and serve!