This is one of the best pumpkin desserts you can ever get. A perfect crispy chocolaty crust, smooth, airy cream cheese pumpkin filling, topped with marbled chocolate – totally divine. You can hardly beat that.
The first time I saw a similar dessert was in a Pies and Tarts cookbook I bought few years ago. The marbled pumpkin tart really caught my attention, loved the marbled chocolate on top and the idea of having pumpkin puree combined with cream cheese. Seemed a wonderful idea, therefore I made my first attempt for chocolate pumpkin cheesecake on my first year of blogging.
Since then I gathered more baking knowledge and that led me to this new recipe for marbled chocolate pumpkin cheesecake that is slightly different. As I use a 10 inch springform pan I needed to change the quantities a bit as I wanted my cheesecake a bit taller and smoother. Added some sour cream, more cream cheese and more pumpkin puree. The result is totally AWESOME. My whole family loved it, even my two little princesses devoured a couple of slices as well.
This chocolate marbled pumpkin cheesecake is definitely an elegant, exquisite dessert perfect for Thanksgiving and for any other special occasion. It’s really not a difficult recipe, but again the hardest part is to wait for it to set before serving. Therefore you will need to prepare it the day before.
Marbled Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 9 oz (250 g) cocoa/ginger cookies
- 6 tbsp (80 g) unsalted butter , melted
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Filling
- 3 (8oz - 250g) cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup homemade pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs , room temperature
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 oz (120 g) dark chocolate
- Prepare the crust. Preheat oven to 350 F (180C). Crush the cookies using a food processor. Add cocoa powder and mix again until well combined. Transfer the crushed cookies to a medium bowl. Melt butter and pour over the crushed cookies. Stir until evenly moistened. Press cookie mixture with the back of the spoon into the bottom of a 10-inch (26 cm) springform pan (with a removable base). Bake for 13-15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 F (150C).
- Prepare the cream cheese filling. In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese with sour cream until well combined. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until creamy and smooth. Add vanilla extract and pumpkin puree and mix again until well combined. Add eggs one at a time until each egg is incorporated. Reserve about 1 cup (240g) cream cheese mixture in a separate bowl.
- Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie until smooth. Pour the chocolate into the reserved cheese and pumpkin mixture and fold gently to combine evenly.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the prepared crust. Add spoons of chocolate mixture from place to place on top and gently swirl with a knife to get the marbled effect.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave it another hour in the oven.
- Remove and run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pan. Let it cool completely at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.