Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Starter from Scratch
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
Moelleux au Chocolat (Chocolate Lava Cake)
Posted on May 9, 2011
Watch the video for this recipe:
One of the best chocolate lava cake I've made so far. Smooth, delicate and delicious. Crusty top while inside is still runny - totally irresistible.
- Makes 6 servings
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 6 ounce (170 g) dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 stick (110 g) butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Butter six ramekins, or aluminum muffins molds and dust with flour.
- Melt chocolate and butter over a bain-marie until smooth. Meanwhile beat the eggs with sugar and salt using a whisk or mixer until thick and light yellow. Mix in vanilla extract and flour. Gradually add the melted chocolate and stir well. Pour mixture into the prepared molds.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Bake for 10 minutes until the edges are firm and the center is still soft. Remove and let cool slightly for few seconds. Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the molds and invert onto plates. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top, and serve immediately.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:300, Fat:20.7 g, Saturated Fat:12.7 g, Carbohydrates:24.8 g, Sugar:21.5 g, Fiber:0.6 g, Protein:4.5 g, Cholesterol:133 mg, Calories from Fat 186, Sodium 140 mg, Vitamin A 11%, Calcium 5%, Vitamin C 0%, Iron 5%, Nutrition Grade D-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.