Though I am not the biggest fan of creamy soups this roasted tomato and red pepper soup conquered me and my family lately. It is a creamy comforting summer soup, full of flavor, served with cheese toasts that make it really irresistible.
How to make Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup
Cut the tomatoes into quarters, the red pepper into chunky pieces, and the onion into wedges and transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Add the garlic cloves with the skin on. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in a preheated 400F (200C) oven for about 40-45 minutes. Transfer the cooked vegetables with all the juice into the bowl of a blender. Squeeze in the garlic flesh and add fresh or dried basil and oregano. Blend until smooth. Pour the soup into a pot and add chicken or vegetable stock. Bring to a boil. Serve the soup warm, decorate with cream and basil leaves and serve with cheese toasts.
Roasting the vegetables enhances their flavor, bringing the best out of them. It is one of the best recipes you can try for tomato season to enjoy its sweet summery flavor. The recipe for this Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup is very easy and makes a great idea for an appetizer or simply as a light lunch or dinner.
Hope you will try this amazing soup. Tag me on Instagram if you do and enjoy!
Roasted Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Shakshuka -Eggs in Tomato Sauce
Tomato Basil Tart
Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup
- 2 ¼ pounds (1kg) tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic head (7-8 garlic cloves) , skin on
- olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (480ml) chicken stock
- Fresh basil
- 1 tsp (1g) dried oregano
- 1 baguette
- 1 cup (100g) cheddar cheese , grated
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters, red pepper into chunky pieces, onion into wedges and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Add the garlic cloves leaving the skin on.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Leave the oven on to prepare the cheese toasts.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables with the juice into the bowl of a blender. Squeeze in the garlic flesh and add fresh or dried basil and oregano.
- Blend until smooth. Pour the soup into a pot and add chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile prepare the cheese toasts. Cut the baguette into slices and place the slices on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Drizzle or spray each slice with olive oil. Spread grated cheese on top. Season with garlic powder and dried oregano. Bake at 400F (200C) oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve the soup warm, decorate with cream and basil leaves and serve with cheese toasts. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
This is absolutely fantastic, great for pre-autumn season. I’m not big fan of this kind of toast, so instead I’ve made regular croutons, and spreaded grated cheese on top of soup – it also worked really well 🙂
Love your recipes, videos and music!!!!!
PLEASE, how can I find this music?!
You can find the link in the video description.
Hello, can I use vegetable stock cubes instead of chicken to make the soup vegan? Thanks in advance
Red bell peppers (all bell peppers) gives me heartburn. Is there another veggie I can replace it with?
You can consider leaving the peppers out. The soup will still be delicious.