My daughters really love chicken meat. I am lucky to have an organic source for chicken meat as I have to cook with chicken each week to satisfy my little ones cravings. Therefore I need to come out with different ways to cook chicken, and these sticky drumsticks are definitely one of the best ways.
Sticky chicken drumsticks are very easy to prepare, just make a simple flavorful marinade with honey, ginger, soy sauce, some chili paste and balsamic vinegar, toss the chicken in it and bake until tender. For the chili paste I used my chilli jam, which worked perfectly for this recipe.
It is important to baste chicken often with the marinade while baking to form that irresistible caramelized, sticky surface.
I used drumsticks this time but it works as well with chicken wings or chicken thighs. Served alongside a fresh salad, sticky chicken drumsticks make one perfect lunch or dinner.
Baked Honey Sesame Chicken
Baked Cornflake Crusted Chicken Strips
Broccoli Puree with Sesame and Chicken
Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 chicken drumsticks
For the marinade
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 inch fresh root ginger , grated
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- oil for greasing the pan
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Score the surface of the drumsticks with a sharp knife in 3 or 4 places, to help the flavor penetrate, and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together honey, ginger, soy sauce, chili paste and vinegar.
- Coat the drumsticks with the marinade and place on a greased baking dish. If you are not in a hurry you may want to put the drumsticks with the marinade in a plastic bag for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors combine better.
- Place the drumsticks in the preheated oven, and after 30 minutes of baking start basting the drumsticks with reserved marinade, for few times while baking, until sticky, caramelized and nicely browned, for another 10 or 15 minutes more.
- Remove, sprinkle chopped spring onion or chives on top and serve alongside a fresh salad.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
they look like delicious chicken legs!
That looks ever so scrumptious! A great marinade.
This sauce looks fantastic! I love this recipe! Pinned
Your chicken looks irresistible! I love the tip to score before baking.
We are huge fan of chicken wings – and I haven’t had the ‘sticky’ wings in a long time, so you can imagine ~ these are totally speaking to me! They look delicious!
Hey! This is Lexi from Sempre Dolce – I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the One Lovely Blog award – if you don’t wish to participate, that is perfectly fine, I just wanted to let you know! 🙂
Thank you Lexi for nominating me to One Lovely Blog Award. I really appreciate it.
wow, finger licking good sticky snd spicy chicken leg!
My kids love chicken too! We buy organic chicken from grocery store but it’s nice that you have a good source! These drumsticks look so flavorful and yummy!! I have drumettes in freezer – maybe I’ll use them instead!
I don’t have any children around but I would be happy as Larry eating these. 🙂