I really love quick ideas for breakfast and this Strawberry Dutch Baby Pancake is one of our favorite treats lately. It’s a pleasure to watch this pancake how it puffs in the oven and the texture is simply irresistible. Due to baking in a hot iron cast pan the pancake gets a crispy edge while the interior remain soft and almost like a custard. To enjoy the right texture it is important to serve it right after you take it out of the oven.
You can top it in various ways, in either sweet or savory filling. As strawberries are in season now I really enjoyed this puffed oven pancake in combination with the fresh strawberries on top. You can also drizzle some maple syrup if desired. I am sure you will all love this amazing Strawberry Dutch Baby Pancake. Happy morning everybody!
Strawberry Dutch Baby Pancake
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (95g) flour
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 tbsp (15g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (28g) butter
- Fresh strawberries , cut into slices
- powdered sugar for serving
- maple syrup , optional
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C) and place a 9-10 inch (23-25cm) iron cast skillet into the oven for at least 8 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk eggs with sugar and salt. Add flour and stir until well combined. Add milk and vanilla extract.
- Add butter in the hot pan and return to oven for 1 minute, until butter is completely melted.
- Remove the pan from the oven and pour batter into the hot skillet.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes. The dutch baby will puff up around the edges and will get a golden brown color. It will deflate slightly after removing from the oven.
- Top with strawberry slices and dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.