This recipe of burger buns is so easy and quick to prepare that you will never want to use the store-bought ones ever again. With basic ingredients you probably already have them in your pantry, is only a matter of minutes until the buns are ready to be filled with your favorite patties and veggies.
Simply make the dough, divide into pieces and let them rise directly on the baking sheet. Bake for no more than 15 minutes and your rolls are done, freshly baked and smells absolutely divine. Hope you will try this quick version for easy burger buns and enjoy!
Easy Burger Buns
- 3 ¼ cups (400g) bread flour (or all-purpose)
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 2 ¼ tsp (7g) active dry yeast or (20g fresh yeast)
- 1 cup (240ml) milk , slightly warm
- 2 tbsp (30g) butter , melted
- 1 egg , beaten
- beaten eggs , for brushing
- sesame seeds
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, dried yeast and salt. Add milk, beaten egg and melted butter. Stir to combine and knead until the dough is soft, a bit sticky but quite elastic and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- On a floured surface divide dough into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Cover the buns with a kitchen towel and let them rise for 30-40 minutes in a warm place.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until golden brown. Enjoy!