This is an easy recipe for a delicious Apple Cake that goes well as breakfast or as dessert. In our family we love everything that involves apples. Either for breakfast, or in a salad or dessert they always bring a bit of freshness and flavor.
The combination between cinnamon, apples and nuts is always a winner.
Caramel Apple Crisp Cheesecake
Apple Walnut Caramel Cake
Easy recipe for a delicious apple cake that goes well as breakfast or as dessert. The combination between cinnamon, apples and nuts is always a winner.
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 75 g butter , at room temperature
- 75 ml cold water
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 apples
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- walnuts , chopped for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 10-inch(26 cm) springform pan (with a removable base).
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. In a medium bowl mix egg yolks with 1/3 cup sugar until thick, creamy and pale yellow colored. Add butter and mix then add the cold water, vanilla extract, cinnamon and lemon zest and mix well.
- Whip egg whites until foamy with a mixer. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar left whipping the whole time until it holds very stiff peaks. Add the whites to the yolks mixture.
- Gently fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Peel the apples and sprinkle with fresh lemon juice. Cut 2 of the apples in small pieces and 1 apple in thin slices for the top of the cake.
- Incorporate the apple small pieces into the batter. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Arrange the apple slices on top and add the walnuts.
- Bake for about 40 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve along a good cup of coffee or tea.
Serving: 1gCalories: 196kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 3.4gFat: 6.4gSaturated Fat: 3.6gCholesterol: 60mgSugar: 16g
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Hi, this apple pie look great. Only can you tell me is this pie juice or more dry? I like pie to be more juice. Thank you very much.
I think is somewhere between.. not too juicy.. not to dry either.. You can try add more apples or less flour if you like it more juicy.
Beautiful! 🙂 I lvoe apple cake, and this one looks perfect, moist and crumbly.
This is sooooo lovely! Apple cake is so delicious!