These butterless chocolate chip cookies made without butter are some of the best cookies I have ever made. As someone who has always used butter whenever making cookies, I was a bit skeptical of trying a butterless recipe for this classic cookie. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the results. These cookies are rich with chocolate flavor, soft in texture, and have a delicious taste that is in no way compromised by the absence of butter.
What’s even better is that these cookies are effortless and quick to prepare. Unlike recipes that require butter, there’s no need to wait for it to soften or melt, nor is there a need to refrigerate the dough before baking. With this recipe, you can have delicious and soft butterless chocolate chip cookies ready in no time.
How to make butterless chocolate chip cookies
Preparing the cookie dough is easy and quick as it takes only a few minutes. For this, in a medium-sized bowl whisk together the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the eggs with oil, both sugars and vanilla extract. Gradually incorporate the flour mixture and fold in the chocolate chips.
Use an ice cream scoop to take equal portions of dough and place on parchment paper lined baking sheets, 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart.
Bake the cookies for 8 -10 minutes at 350F (180C) until slightly golden on the edges. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets until the cookies are firm enough to remove, probably another 5 minthe utes. While cookies are still warm add some extra chocolate chips on top. Let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
These butterless chocolate chip cookies are a great alternative to traditional butter-filled cookies. They are easy to prepare and deliver fantastic results, making them a perfect treat for any occasion. Give them a try and enjoy the delicious taste of these impressive cookies! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you do as I love seeing your take on them.
If still not sure which cookies to prepare check our generous collection of Cookie Recipes. I am sure you will find a recipe that suits your preferences.
Butterless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups (280g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (6g) baking soda
- 2 tsp (6g) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) vegetable or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup (135g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (180g) semisweet chocolate chip (55-70% cocoa)
- extra chocolate chips for topping , optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch,and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs with oil, both sugars and vanilla extract.
- Gradually incorporate flour mixture and fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, take equal portions of dough and place on the prepared baking sheets, 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes until slightly golden on the edges. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets until the cookies are firm enough to remove, probably another 5 minutes. While cookies are still warm add some extra chocolate chips on top. Cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!