Whenever you are in mood for something light, healthy but still delicious this chicken, avocado and orange salad might be one of the best options. This is by far one of the best chicken salads ever.
Really love the add of oranges here. The textures combine so well. The soft avocado in combination with crunchy almonds, crispy salad, sweet orange and grilled chicken makes such a wonderful comforting dish. The dressing made with orange juice, Dijon mustard and honey is genial.
I didn’t expect that much from this avocado and chicken salad, but it was beyond my expectations. I ate it all by myself and didn’t share it with anybody after finishing the photo shoot:) I highly recommend it. It is nutritious, healthy and amazingly tasty.
Avocado and Pea Salad
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Recipe slightly adapted after taste.com
Chicken, Avocado and Orange Salad
- 1 orange
- 8 small lettuce leaves , washed and dried
- 2 (150 g) chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 large avocado , halved
- 2 tbsp roasted almonds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Season chicken fillets with salt and pepper or your favorite spices. Brush with some olive oil. Preheat your grill pan over medium-high heat until it's very hot. Place the fillets on the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until cooked.
- Roughly chop the lettuce leaves and place in a serving plate.
- Peel and segment the orange. Juice another half of orange for the dressing.
- Cut the avocado and chicken in slices.
- Arrange the oranges, avocado and chicken slices over the lettuce. Sprinkle with almonds and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl prepare the dressing whisking the orange juice with mustard, oil and honey. Drizzle over the salad and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
This salad looks delicious! I love orange and avocado together, and this would be great as a main dish!
I love the citrus and avocado alongside the chicken in this salad. It’s still summer and salads still call my name nearly every day.
Ella, this chicken, Avocado and Orange salad looks just divine. I bet this must be so delectable! 🙂
This is such a fresh and delicious looking salad Ella! Move it! Pinned to try it!
What a yummy combination of flavors and textures! Terrific salad!
What a scrumptious combination of flavors and textures! A delicious salad!
I love salads with orange and avocado. So simple and flavorful!
I love citrus in a salad! Looks wonderful!
Simply damn delicious healthy salad!!!
[email protected] Chef
I came across your blog while looking for some good food recipes and liked a lot. How amazing! I will keep an eye out for all your recipes 🙂
Glad to hear that! Stay in touch, more recipes are planned to be posted soon.
I absolutely love the combination of flavors and textures in this dish. I have a salad almost everyday, so I’m always on the lookout for new salad recipes to ‘jazz’ things up – this recipe certainly does the trick.
What a lovely salad to take to work! So fresh! Yum.
Made it. Loved it. Highly recommended.
Thank you Aaron for writing me back after you tried it out. I love it too, one of my favorite salads so far 🙂
I tried the salad and it came out very well. Thanks for sharing this simple recipe.
So glad you enjoyed this recipe too:) One of the best combination for me too.