One day I was looking in some food magazines while waiting for my daughter to finish her ballet lesson. I came across this Roasted Sweet Potato Salad which drew my attention. It is an easy recipe made with sweet potatoes instead of regular ones. Loved the idea as caramelized roasted sweet potatoes are so flavorful. Combined with herb dressing, nuts and feta makes a perfect light summer salad.
I gave this recipe a try and we all loved it so I decided to share it with you. Making the salad with sweet potatoes made it a unique, elegant dish. A combination of sweet, salty, crunchy bring all together a healthy delicious salad that can be served as it is as a light meal or as a side dish.
So if you are searching for a different way to create a potato salad this Roasted Sweet Potato Salad is a delicious way to do it.
Broccoli and Sweet Potato Salad
Baked Potato Wedges
Roasted Baby Potatoes
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Adapted after GoodFood magazine
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 tbsp raw hazelnuts , toasted
- 1 spring onion
- Fresh parsley
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180C).
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes in large chunks.
- Toss with olive oil and some salt. Place on a baking sheet and roast for about 30-35 minutes until caramelized and tender. Set aside to cool.
- Chop raw hazelnuts and toast on a hot pan.
- For the dressing chop onion and parsley and place on a bowl.
- Add honey, olive oil and vinger. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes onto a serving platter. Drizzle the dressing over them.
- Add the toasted hazelnuts and roughly crumbled feta. Gently toss with your hands so you don't break the potatoes.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
What a beautiful dish! I don’t usually eat sweet potatoes, but it’s probably time to change!
healthy salad/side.. love the roasted sweet potato
Delicious! A wonderful salad and tasty combo.
I heart roasted sweet potatoes! Seriously love this salad! Pinned!
What a lovely alternative to a classic potato salad! Both beautiful and delicious!
This salad looks fabulous! I love sweet potatoes in savory dishes. Especially with something salty like feta.