Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake is as good as it sounds, rich, chocolaty and decadent. A homemade large chocolate chip cookie crust topped with a silky white chocolate and cream cheese filling and topped with chocolate ganache. Absolutely delicious and definitely a crowd pleasure.
This cheesecake is perfect for summer days as it doesn’t require too much baking and makes a perfect dessert for any occasion. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter , room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup (190g) flour
- 1 tsp (3g) cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp (4.5g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 cup (160g) chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
Cream Cheese Filling
- 7 oz (200g) white chocolate , small pieces
- 4 tbsp (60g) whipping cream
- 1 pound (500g) cream cheese , room temperature
- 2 tbsp (16g) powdered sugar
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240g) whipping cream (35% fat) , chilled
- 1 oz (30g) semisweet chocolate , very small pieces
- 8-10 chocolate chip cookies
- 3.5 oz (100g) semisweet chocolate
- 3.5 oz (100g) whipping cream
- remaining chocolate chip cookies
- white chocolate , chopped
- Prepare chocolate chip cookie crust. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease and line with parchment paper a 8 inch (20cm) pan.
- In a large bowl mix butter with both sugars until creamy. Incorporate egg and vanilla extract.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch,and salt.
- Gradually incorporate to butter mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Reserve about 6 oz (180g) cookie dough and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spread the remaining doug onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool completely.
- With the chilled reserved dough make some mini cookies. Form into small balls and bake at 325 F (160C) for about 9 minutes. Let them cool completely until ready to use.
- Prepare cream cheese filling. Place white chocolate and the 4 tbsp of cream into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Mix in melted chocolate and set aside.
- In another bowl mix whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the white chocolate and cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in chocolate pieces and about 8-10 broken cookies.
- Line the pan with acetate sheet for easier removal if desired and spread the filling over the crust.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight to set.
- Prepare chocolate ganache. Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- Spread it evenly over the chilled cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for another 30 minutes before serving.
- Decorate with remaining mini cookies. Enjoy!