These Chocolate Coconut Muffins are delicious, easy to make, with chocolate and coconut making a perfect pair. For those who want to use as less eggs as possible for a dessert this is the perfect recipe.
These Chocolate Coconut Muffins recipes uses no eggs for the muffin batter. Egg whites are used for the topping but you can consider any other topping if you want to keep it eggless.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Muffins
Chocolate Coconut Muffins
Chocolate Coconut Muffins- delicious, easy to make, with chocolate and coconut making a perfect pair. Excellent recipe for those who want eggless muffins.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
White Coconut Glaze
- 1 egg white
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Grease muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients. Add water, vinegar, vanilla extract and oil and mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Prepare white glaze. Whip egg white until foamy. Gradually add the sugar and lemon juice whipping the whole time. Continue whipping until forms a thick meringue foam. Fold in the coconut flakes and continue whipping over a bain-marie until the foam is hot. Form small round balls and garnish the top of muffins.
- Prepare chocolate glaze. Mix butter with sugar, cocoa powder and water and bring to boil. The glaze gets dark and thick. Sprinkle muffins with it or around it.
Serving: 1gCalories: 255kcalCarbohydrates: 45.1gProtein: 2.5gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3.4gSugar: 30.7g
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
My hair stylist loves chocolate and coconut and I can’t wait to bake a batch of these for her. Silly me, I have to bake a batch for us also!
These are gorgeous! I LOVE coconut….but paired with chocolate….YUM! : )
This looks amazing! Nice job! I just love the combo of chocolate and coconut- so glad to have a new muffin recipe!
Your muffins look beautiful. I love the fact that the glaze on top is made with egg white instead of the normal powdered sugar and water.
You can’t go wrong with the combo of chocolate and coconut! These sound amazing!
I am having a little bit of a love affair with coconut right now and this desert means I don’t have to cheat on chocolate. Thanks.
I let out a little gasp when I saw this photo on today’s Top 9 at Foodbuzz. These look so yummy. My first favorite candybar was Almond Joy, so I love coconut and chocolate. I’ve moved on to more sophisticated chocolate truffles and ganaches since then, but still love the coconut and chocolate combo.
Hello! I’m new and I really love your website.
Beautiful Layout, easy to find things, lovely recipes.
I will be a regular here.
My best friend is going to love these cupcakes!
She is a fanatic about coconut.
Thanks for sharing
I love chocolate and that looks so yummy, hope i can make it soon. Thanks for share.
I can’t stop eating your muffins. I really love them! The chocolate and coconut combo is perfect.
Indeed:) one of my favorites too.. haven't made them for quite a while now and you just made me craving for some. I think I will go do them again too
Hello. I love your website and your YouTube channel! I look at your videos every day! I have some questions about this recipe:
1. Could you please put the quantities of the ingredients in grams and millilitres?
2. Are these mini muffins or regular sized muffins? They look smaller in the picture.
3. Could I use desiccated coconut instead of flakes? If yes, how much do I need?
Thank you so much for your help!