This Butternut Squash Risotto is a delicious way to cook rice, the squash gives a pleasant fall aroma to it alongside the white wine. This butternut squash risotto has a delightful creamy texture and a great flavor and makes a great choice for a fall dinner or lunch.
Rice with Chickpea and Tagliatelle
Butternut Squash Risotto
This Butternut Squash Risotto is a delicious way to cook rice, the squash gives a pleasant aroma to it alongside the white wine.
- 1 medium squash, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cut the squash in half, remove seeds and fibers and place them cut side down on a roasting pan along with 1/2 cup of water. Bake at 180 C (350 F) for about 40-50 minutes until tender. Remove peel and cut in small 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a sauce pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add red pepper, garlic and rice and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the white wine and allow to evaporate. Add gradually the vegetable stock, salt, pepper and sage. Simmer until the rice is tender and all the liquid has evaporated.Stir constantly.
- Add the prepared squash. Mix well and serve with Parmesan cheese on top.
Serving: 1gCalories: 244kcalCarbohydrates: 44.2gProtein: 4.5gFat: 0.5gSugar: 3.2g
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Is that red bell pepper?
Yes, I used red bell pepper, mostly for the color:)