These are not the classic cinnamon rolls you are used too. But let me assure you, these are just INCREDIBLE… sweet, smooth and very delicious.
The difference between these and the classic ones is the dough who is made with more butter that makes it very soft and the filling is made with whipped egg whites and cinnamon which creates quite a crispy top and soft, smooth interior. The aroma of freshly baked cinnamon rolls make them irresistible. Served with a fresh coffee turn into a delicious treat for breakfast or any time of the day.
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Knots- 4 ways
- 3 cups (375g) flour
- 7 oz (200g) butter, cut in small cubes
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 +1 tbsp (100ml ) milk
- 10 g fresh yeast (1 tsp of active dry yeast)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup (120g) powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vinegar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2g) ground cinnamon
- Dissolve the fresh yeast in the milk. In a medium sized bowl mix well the butter with flour. Add the egg yolks and the milk with yeast and mix until well blended. Knead well, cover with plastic and refrigerate for about 1 hr to let the yeast develop.
- Whip egg whites until foamy with a mixer and gradually add the sugar, the vinegar and vanilla extract whipping the whole time. Finally incorporate the cinnamon. Split the whites in 3.
- Preheat the oven to 180 (350F).
- Cut the dough into 3 equal pieces. Sprinkle flour on the working surface. Using a rolling pin roll out each piece into a rectangular about 12 inches (30 cm) long, 10 high.
- Cover the dough with 1/3 of the egg whites, leaving uncovered 1 inch on each side. Roll and cut into 1 inch slices. Arrange dough pieces in a greased baking tray. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
I really love your website and just cant get enough of your dessert recipes! Thank you for this awesome and easy cinnamon rolls recipe! Gonna try it asap!
please add the related video .I made it but the shape is not the same.some explanation are not clear.
let me know what didn't work for you 🙂 I might help .. Hope will be able to make a video for this too.. I really love the recipe