Wow…and mmmmmm .. are the first words after tasting these marvels:) These Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies are a delight for any chocoholic 🙂 like me and a true pleasure for those who just began to love chocolate. What can you say more: Chocolate, chocolate and again chocolate. These are the main ingredients of these cookies. Is that easy. When I ran over this recipe I said to myself I have to give it a try. And it was worth doing it.
Christmas is almost here so a little indulgence from time to time it’s ok, isn’t it?
These double chocolate chunk cookies are perfect for this time of year and makes a delicious holiday gift for your family and friends.
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 4 ounces (120 g) bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup (250g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking soda
- 1 ½ cup (240g) chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 F (165 C). In a medium bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and 4 ounces of bittersweet chocolate together over low heat or bain marie. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Combine the eggs and sugar and beat at medium speed with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
- Drop 1-1/2 tablespoon portions 2-inches apart onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for no longer than 13 minutes — they should be slightly underbaked so the interior stays chewy and soft. Remove the whole sheet of parchment to a cooling rack and cool until just warm and set.
Recipe slightly adapted after LeelaCyd
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
This chocoholic thinks these cookies look like PERFECTION! Mmmm so gooey and chocolatey!
WOW. Just wow. These are a pure chocoholics DREAM cookie! They look so decadent, yet so easy to make. I am a cookie fanatic and love so many things about this recipe. The melted chocolate, the cocoa powder, the chocolate chunks – ahh! These are perfection. 🙂
Absolutely scrumptious!! I’m a total chocoholic and these will not last too long at my house. 😉
These looks absolutely FABULOUS! I love that they’re so dark chocolaty-looking too. I LOVE your blog too. GORGEOUS! 😀
Oh, yeah!!!! Amazing cookies!!!
How can i make this eggless….please help
i have tried out the recipe and its really amazing!!! sweet and chewy!
Love ur recipies….eagerly waiting to try them but, what can I replace the eggs with…to make it eggless…and also will the taste be d same as the original recipie gives…
I can’t believe I found the perfect double chocolate cookie recipe I’ve been looking for! These look amazing and I know your recipes are always good. I’m making these tomorrow!
This is one of my favourite recipie of yours and i e been making these for over 2and a half years. They are so good that even my husband, who doesnt like chocolate, likes them a lot!
Two months ago i found out that i have Type 2 diabetes and apart from sugar, i have to avoid too much carbs. Today i tried making this recipie using sweetener and instead of 1 cup flour, i used 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup almond flour. The taste was almost the same as before but unfortunately the cookied turned out really crumbly (although they dis hold their shape) and didnt flatten out (i later flattened it out with a spatula) Is there any advice you could give me to fix the texture of the cookies? Are they crumbly because of the lack of sugar and less flour?
Thank you for the amazing recipies!!! They are fail-proof and you make them seem so easy!! <3
AMAZZZIIINGGG! Although, I think I would lessen the sugar a little bit so I can taste the darkness of the chocolate more.. But nevertheless, this is definitely a keeper! 🙂 Thank youuuu!