Wow…and mmmmmm .. are the first words after tasting these marvels:) These Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies are a delight for any chocoholic 🙂 like me and a true pleasure for those who just began to love chocolate. What can you say more: Chocolate, chocolate and again chocolate. These are the main ingredients of these cookies. Is that easy. When I ran over this recipe I said to myself I have to give it a try. And it was worth doing it.
Christmas is almost here so a little indulgence from time to time it’s ok, isn’t it?
These double chocolate chunk cookies are perfect for this time of year and makes a delicious holiday gift for your family and friends.
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 4 ounces (120 g) bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup (250g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking soda
- 1 ½ cup (240g) chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 F (165 C). In a medium bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and 4 ounces of bittersweet chocolate together over low heat or bain marie. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Combine the eggs and sugar and beat at medium speed with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
- Drop 1-1/2 tablespoon portions 2-inches apart onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for no longer than 13 minutes — they should be slightly underbaked so the interior stays chewy and soft. Remove the whole sheet of parchment to a cooling rack and cool until just warm and set.
Recipe slightly adapted after LeelaCyd