I am glad to share with you another great recipe for Homemade Twix Bars. This one is easy to prepare as well as the other Chocolate Caramel Bars recipe I’ve shared few time ago, but this one is an eggless version made with sweetened condensed milk.
It is the first time trying to make a caramel without caramelizing the sugar first and I was surprised by the great result I obtained this way. The caramel turned chewy and gooey but still soft, exactly as needed for this recipe.
You can hardly beat these Homemade Twix Bars, they are rich, buttery and chocolaty, a thick buttery crust topped with chewy caramel and a thick chocolate layer on top. Simply amazing and quite addictive.
Chocolate Salted Caramel Tart
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel Mousse
Recipe slightly adapted after GoodtoKnow
Homemade Twix Bars
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter , room temperature
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 1 ¼ cup (160g) all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 can (14oz -397g) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp (45g) butter
- 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 7 oz (200g) dark or milk chocolate
- 2 tbsp (28g) butter
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Slightly grease a 8×8 inch (20x20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper, in such a way that some edges overhang to make it easy to lift it up once it's set.
- Prepare the crust. In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour and incorporate into the butter mixture until crumbly and mixture holds together when squeezed.
- Press into the bottom of the pan using the back of a spoon and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Make the caramel. Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and place over low-medium heat, stirring continuously. Bring to a boil and continue cooking for 5 minutes more stirring continuously. . Pour over the crust and bake for 12 -15 minutes at 350F (180C).Let it cool slightly.
- Melt the chocolate with butter over bain-marie. Spread melted chocolate on top of the caramel.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Three words…Yum, yum, yum! Love your youtube videos.
thank you:) hope you tried some of the recipes
oooh I love how chewy these homemade Twix bars look!
Hi do we use salted butter or unsalted?
I use unsalted butter.
Great! Now I can make my favorite Twix bars at home! Thanks for sharing!
What is the shelf life? How can it be stored?
How long will I have to cook the caramel for in total?
hi. in your video, you beat the butter with wooden spoon, can i use a hand mixer instead???