- Veggie Burgers - Sweet Potato Burger Patties
- Double Chocolate Rum Cookies
- Pistachio Raspberry Lime Mousse Cake
- Christmas Wreath - Christmas Braided Bread
- Christmas Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Gingerbread Orange Cake Roll
- Cranberry Pistachio Fudge without Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Cake
In our family we love everything that involves apples. Either in breakfast, salad or dessert they bring a bit of freshness.
The combination between cinnamon, apples and nuts is always a winner. This is an easy recipe for a delicious apple cake that goes well as breakfast or as dessert.
- Makes about 10-12 servings
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 75 g butter, at room temperature
- 75 ml cold water
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 apples
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- walnuts, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 10-inch(26 cm) springform pan (with a removable base).
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. In a medium bowl mix egg yolks with 1/3 cup sugar until thick, creamy and pale yellow colored. Add butter and mix then add the cold water, vanilla extract, cinnamon and lemon zest and mix well.
- Whip egg whites until foamy with a mixer. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar left whipping the whole time until it holds very stiff peaks. Add the whites to the yolks mixture.
- Gently fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Peel the apples and sprinkle with fresh lemon juice. Cut 2 of the apples in small pieces and 1 apple in thin slices for the top of the cake.
- Incorporate the apple small pieces into the batter. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Arrange the apple slices on top and add the walnuts.
- Bake for about 40 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve along a good cup of coffee or tea.