This Spiced Apple Pear Christmas Tart is a comforting delightful dessert perfect for the winter holiday gatherings! Thet tart is made with a buttery cocoa crust, with a crunchy chocolate almond layer topped with a spiced apple pear compote and a soft white chocolate cream.
How to prepare Spiced Apple Pear Christmas Tart
As for any other tart or pie, first, you have to prepare the crust. For this you can easily prepare the dough with even one or two days in advance and keep it refrigerated until needed.
While the dough is chilling you can prepare tha apple and pear filling. For this cut the apples and pears into small cubes and cook with sugar, spices, lemon juice and water. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes until they begin to soften slightly. Let it cool.
Meanwhile you can blind bake the crust and let it cool before filling.
Prepare the chocolate almond crunch layer by melting the semisweet chocolate with oil. Mix in the almonds and spread the mixture over the bottom of the crust. Let it set. Pour the apple and pear filling over the chocolate and almond layer. Smooth the top with a spatula.
Prepare the white chocolate and mascarpone cream and pipe it on top of the apple and pear filling.
You can decorate the tart with sugar cookies and star anise, pecans, bombons, fresh rosemary or whatever you prefer for Christmas.
Hope you will try this Spiced Apple Pear Christmas Tart, tag me on Instagram if you do and enjoy.
For a no-bake tart, you may like this No-Bake Chocolate Pecan Pie with Meringue Topping. This No-bake Chocolate Tart is one of the easiest tarts you can ever prepare and you don’t need more than 15 minutes to get it ready. This Cream Tart, beautifully decorated with fresh berries, flowers, and even macarons will always make a great impression.
Spiced Apple Pear Christmas Tart
Makes about 12 servings
Cocoa Tart Crust
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp (140g) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ¼ (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp (35g) semisweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp (14ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (20g) almond flakes
Apple Pear Compote
- 1 ¾ cup (200g) cubed apples
- 1 ¾ cup (200g) cubed pears
- 2 tbsp (30ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) water
- 3 tsp (9g) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (4g) ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp (2g) ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2g) ground cloves
White Chocolate Mascarpone Cream
- 1 cup (240g) Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp (30g) powdered sugar
- 4.5 oz (130g) white chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) whipping cream
For Decoration, optional
- sugar cookie stars
Prepare the cocoa tart crust.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, beat butter on medium speed until creamy. You can also use a hand mixer.
- Add the sugar, all at once and beat on medium speed until creamy and combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the egg and egg yolk, one at a time, and mix well after each one.
- Add the flour, cocoa, and salt and mix on medium speed until the dough comes together.
- Put it in a plastic film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper until it's about 0.2 inches (5 mm) thick.
- Press the dough onto the bottom and edges of the tart pan. Cut the excess dough. Prick it all over with a fork.
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
- Cover the dough (bottom and edges) with parchment paper. Fill the center with pie weights, rice or beans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until firm. Let it cool on a rack.
- If you have leftover dough, you can make some stars with a cookie cutter for decoration.
Prepare the almond chocolate crunch layer.
- Place semisweet chocolate and oil over a bain marie, and let it melt completely.
- Fold in the almond flakes.
- Spread the mixture over the bottom of the tart crust.
Prepare the apple pear filling.
- Peel, core, and dice the apples and pears into little cubes.
- In a large saucepan, over low to medium heat, put the spices, sugar, lemon juice, water, and the cubed fruits.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, until they come all together and begin to soften slightly. Let it cool.
- Pour the filling over the crust and level it with a small spatula.
Prepare the white chocolate mascarpone cream.
- In a large bowl, mix mascarpone and powdered sugar until combined.
- Bring the whipping cream to a boil.
- Pour the hot cream over the white chocolate and mix to combine.
- Pour the hot white chocolate mixture over the mascarpone and mix at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe even dollops of white chocolate cream on top of the tart.
- Decorate as you please. You can use cookie stars, pecans, crispy pearls, chocolate chips, etc. Enjoy!