- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Chocolate Tart - Tarte au Chocolat
Watch the video for this recipe:
This is another chocolate French recipe that is really delightful and satisfying. It is a real Tarte au Chocolat, made with a homemade buttery crust and a chocolate, cream and eggs filling.
For the crust I used pate sablee with almonds instead of pate brisee. This one is more cookie like and uses soften butter instead of the cold butter as in pate brisee which creates a flaky crust.
The filling is smooth, silky and chocolaty, makes such a great combination with the crispy crust.
Decorate the tart as desired and enjoy!
- Makes about 6 servings
- Pate Sablee
- 1 stick (110g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) ground almonds
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 tbsp (15ml) milk
- Chocolate Filling
- 7 oz (200g) semisweet chocolate 55-70%
- 2/3 cup (160g) whipping cream
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 2 small eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- Prepare the crust, in this case pate sablee. In a large bowl mix butter with powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and continue mixing until well combined and creamy.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour with ground almonds and salt and add to butter mixture.
- Use a wooden spoon to incorporate the flour mixture into the butter until combined. Add milk if necessary. Make sure you don’t overwork the dough.
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap, form into a disc and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper or plastic wrap until it's about 12in (30cm) in diameter.
- Press the dough onto the bottom and edges of a 8- 9 inch (20-23cm) tart pan. Cut the excess dough.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before baking.
- Prick the dough with a fork, line a parchment paper over the dough. Fill with dry beans, rice or pie weights.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the weights and the parchment paper. Return to oven for another 10 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool before filling.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325F (160C).
- Prepare the filling. In a medium saucepan bring the cream and milk to a simmer over medium-low heat (Do not boil). Remove from heat and add the chocolate cut in smaller pieces. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add sugar and vanilla and stir to combine. Add eggs one at a time and whisk to combine.
- Pour the chocolate filling over the cooled crust and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and refrigerate the tart for at least 2 hours.
- Decorate as desired and cut slices using a hot knife.