Apricot Frangipane Tart is one of the most delicious tarts ever. Buttery flaky crust, almond filling topped with ripe sliced apricots, by far one of the best summer tarts. Apricots might be my favorite fruits for tarts as their flavor is enhanced when cooked and they bring an amazing flavor to any dessert.
Feel free to change apricots with various other fruits, frangipane tart goes well with berries, nectarines, peaches, plums so each time you can get a different flavor and enjoy the summer fruit burst. Enjoy!
Apricot Frangipane Tart
- 1 ¼ cups (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2g) almond extract
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter , chilled
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp (30ml) ice water
For coating the crust
- about 2 tbsp (30g) apricot jam
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter , room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5g) almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup (125g) ground almonds
- 2 tbsp (20g) flour
- 3 or 4 (200g) apricots , sliced
- apricot jam , warmed
- Prepare the sweet pastry. In a medium bowl whisk flour with sugar and salt. Incorporate butter using a pastry blender, a fork or a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Add egg yolk, almond extract and water and stir until incorporated.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, shape into a rectangle and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the dough to a 8×16 in (20x40cm) rectangle.
- Line a 5×14 in (12X36cm) tart pan with the rolled dough and press the edges. Trim the excess dough. Prick the shell with a fork and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Line the shell with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or beans. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper and weights and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Let it cool slightly on a cooling rack.
- Prepare the frangipane filling. In a large bowl mix butter with sugar until creamy. Incorporate eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract and almond extract. Gently incorporate ground almonds and flour.
- Spread a thin layer of apricot jam over the base. Spread frangipane evenly and arrange the apricot slices on top pressing them slightly into the frangipane.
- Bake at 350F (180C) for 25-30 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and brush with warm apricot jam.
- Let it cool before serving. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Looks absolutely delicious and perfect for the summer!
Love it! Such a perfect flavor combination!
Hi, can I use frozen apricot or other fruits for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen apricot or plums, peaches, berries.
Hi, can i use 24 cm tart pan instead?
Hello dear ella
Can I forgon almond extract? Or replace it with the other extract like pech
And the other question is
Would you mind tell me about the size of rounded pan?
Can I use a round tin instead? Thanks
How would you modify this recipe for an 8 inch round tart pan? That’s all I have and I would love to try this recipe!
you may try exactly these measurements.. might remain some leftover dough depending on how thin you roll it..
The amazing thing is, I had exactly everything I needed for this recipe already in the house—even the rectangular pan. It’s in the oven now. So exciting.
I also want to mention that the pie crust is a dream!! Easiest one I’ve ever made, and there was plenty for the pan–I never needed to scrimp and scrap it. Well done!
I made this recipe yesterday exactly as it calls for.It’s absolutely delicious!! The crust melts in your mouth and the filling is to die for, soooo yummy . Thank you Ella.
Happy to hear that Jine 🙂
Excellent!! Yummy!! Delicioussssss. Thank you Ella
This is amazingly delicious!! The crust melts in your mouth and the frangippane filling is to die for!! Thank you Ella for sharing.
This is very delicious!! You can’t stop eating!! Thank you for sharing.
Hi dear Ella ,
Hope you are doing fine . I have a question . If I want to use a circle instead of a rectangle, what is the perfect size? Thank you .
Thank you for the question Nooshin. Yes, we are doing ok. For the exact amounts in this recipe you can use a 9 inch (22-23cm) round tart pan.
Many thanks , right now I want to watch your program on TV .