- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Crispy Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownies
Watch the video for this recipe:
These crispy peanut butter marshmallow brownies are simply wonderful decadent treats perfect for any occasion. Fudgy brownies topped with a thick layer of gooey marshmallows and a crispy chocolate peanut butter rice layer have a great texture and flavor that is hard to resist. If you are a marshmallow lover you really need to try these out and make sure to make a double batch as they don’t last long.
The recipe is not difficult, takes little time to prepare and will be a guaranteed success. Let me know if you try it out. Enjoy!
- Makes about 9-16 servings
- 1.5 oz (40g) semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup (56g) butter
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 tsp (1g) instant coffee
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (8g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1/4 cup (30g) flour
- Marshmallow Layer
- 4.5 oz (130g) marshmallows
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Topping
- 4 oz (120g) chocolate, semisweet/milk or a mix of the two
- 1/2 cup (120g) peanut butter, creamy
- 1 cup (20g) rice cereal
- Prepare the brownies. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Butter the sides and bottom of a 8x8 inch (20 X 20 cm) pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl, over bain-marie, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove the pan from heat but keep the bowl over the water. Add instant coffee, stir in the sugar, then remove the bowl from the pan. Cool slightly.
- Incorporate the egg into the mixture and whisk until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract then add the flour, salt, cocoa powder and stir well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it.
- Once brownies are done, top with the marshmallows.
- Bake for another 3 minutes or until puffed. If necessary press them down to spread the marshmallows. Cool completely.
- Prepare the chocolate rice topping. Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in a medium bowl, over bain-marie, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Stir in the rice cereal then spread on top of cooled brownies. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.