These crispy peanut butter marshmallow brownies are simply wonderful decadent treats perfect for any occasion. Fudgy brownies topped with a thick layer of gooey marshmallows and a crispy chocolate peanut butter rice layer have a great texture and flavor that is hard to resist. If you are a marshmallow lover you really need to try these out and make sure to make a double batch as they don’t last long.
The recipe for these Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownies is not difficult, takes little time to prepare and will be a guaranteed success. Let me know if you try it out. Enjoy!
Chocolate Coconut Brownies
Double Chocolate Brownies
Cream Cheese Marbled Brownies
Crispy Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownies
- 1.5 oz (40g) semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup (56g) butter
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 tsp (1g) instant coffee
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (8g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1/4 cup (30g) flour
- 4.5 oz (130g) marshmallows
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Topping
- 4 oz (120g) chocolate , semisweet/milk or a mix of the two
- 1/2 cup (120g) peanut butter , creamy
- 1 cup (20g) rice cereal
- Prepare the brownies. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Butter the sides and bottom of a 8×8 inch (20 X 20 cm) pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl, over bain-marie, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove the pan from heat but keep the bowl over the water. Add instant coffee, stir in the sugar, then remove the bowl from the pan. Cool slightly.
- Incorporate the egg into the mixture and whisk until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract then add the flour, salt, cocoa powder and stir well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it.
- Once brownies are done, top with the marshmallows.
- Bake for another 3 minutes or until puffed. If necessary press them down to spread the marshmallows. Cool completely.
- Prepare the chocolate rice topping. Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in a medium bowl, over bain-marie, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Stir in the rice cereal then spread on top of cooled brownies. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
ooooh I love all the layers of deliciousness in these brownies!!!
Thanksgiving and Halloween is fast approaching and your pins lately are not what we expected as your followers.
You see, that is the problem with blogging, EXPECTATIONS FROM FOLLOWERS has to be met.
Any new Recipe?
I do like Thanksgiving recipes and hope to come up with some this year.. but Halloween is something i don't like to celebrate in my family.. therefore i don't like to promote this in any way.. I find no satisfaction in creating ugly, creepy desserts.. but you can easily use some of my recipes and decorate them as Halloweeny you may think of
This recipe is delicious just a couple of issues I had which I hope you can help me with. Your rice crispy kernels are so big and thus they show beautifully when the pastry is cut. I tried two different brand and did not get the same effect. What brand did you use? Next the amount of flour in the brownie 1/4 cup seemed too little and in your video it looked more. It hardly covered the bottom of my 8 by 8 dish. could you please confirm the amount? Thanks
Hi Ella…thanks for the recipe…I am going to do it this weekend. Kindly note that metric weights do not change when I try to double the recipe. Thanks.
Божественно вкусно. Огромное спасибо. Все ваши рецепты которые я пробывала безумно вкусные.
Thank you Xenia. So happy to hear that.