Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Starter from Scratch
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
Red Beans Salad
Posted on May 16, 2011
Super easy recipe results into a tasty and healthy salad. A good ideea for leftover carrots and celery root boiled for soup. This salad can be served with crackers or crunchy fresh bread, or served along fish. It is delicious.
- Makes 2 servings
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp hungarian paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup red beans, boiled before and frozen
- 2-3 medium carrots, boiled and cut in small pieces
- 2/3 cup celery root, boiled and cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3-4 tbsp light soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- seasonings (garlic, basil, etc - your choice), optional
- In a frying pan heat oil over medium high heat. Cook onions for about 5 minutes until soft. Stir in paprika then add carrots and celery pieces.
- Add soy sauce, beans, corn kernels and stir. Cook few minutes until soy sauce has evaporated, add pepper and seasonings.
- Before serving garnish with chopped green onion.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:530, Fat:15.2 g, Saturated Fat:2.1 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:79.6 g, Sugar:8.8 g, Fiber:18.8 g, Protein:23.9 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 137, Sodium 110mg,Vitamin A 214%, Calcium 14%, Vitamin C 32%, Iron 41%, Nutrition Grade A, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.