Here is a super easy recipe that results into a tasty and healthy Red Beans Salad. It is a good idea for leftover carrots and celery root boiled for soup. This salad can be served with crackers or crunchy fresh bread, or served alongside fish or chicken. We really loved it, hope you will too.
Chicken, Avocado and Orange Salad
Red Beans Salad
Here is a super easy recipe that results into a tasty and healthy Red Beans Salad made with leftover carrots and celery root boiled for soup. This salad can be served with crackers or crunchy fresh bread, or served alongside fish or chicken.
- 2 green onions , diced
- 1 small red onion , diced
- 1/2 tsp hungarian paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup red beans , boiled before and frozen
- 2-3 medium carrots , boiled and cut in small pieces
- 2/3 cup celery root , boiled and cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3-4 tbsp light soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- seasonings (garlic, basil)
- In a frying pan heat oil over medium high heat. Cook onions for about 5 minutes until soft. Stir in paprika then add carrots and celery pieces.
- Add soy sauce, beans, corn kernels and stir. Cook few minutes until soy sauce has evaporated, add pepper and seasonings.
- Before serving garnish with chopped green onion.
Serving: 1gCalories: 530kcalCarbohydrates: 79.6gProtein: 23.9gFat: 15.2gSaturated Fat: 2.1gSugar: 8.8g
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
This looks delicious! Love how fresh it is. Perfect for this lovely weather!
Oh man… I’m gonna save and try this one. I LOVE salads like this.
This sounds wonderful – it would make a great salsa, too.
That looks absolutely gorgeous first off. Secondly, that is JUST the kind of salad I would love. YUM
So lovely and yummy! Love your blog!
Love the style of your blog and your recipes never disappoint.