Here is a super easy recipe that results into a tasty and healthy Red Beans Salad. It is a good idea for leftover carrots and celery root boiled for soup. This salad can be served with crackers or crunchy fresh bread, or served alongside fish or chicken. We really loved it, hope you will too.
Red Beans Salad
- 2 green onions , diced
- 1 small red onion , diced
- 1/2 tsp hungarian paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup red beans , boiled before and frozen
- 2-3 medium carrots , boiled and cut in small pieces
- 2/3 cup celery root , boiled and cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3-4 tbsp light soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- seasonings (garlic, basil)
- In a frying pan heat oil over medium high heat. Cook onions for about 5 minutes until soft. Stir in paprika then add carrots and celery pieces.
- Add soy sauce, beans, corn kernels and stir. Cook few minutes until soy sauce has evaporated, add pepper and seasonings.
- Before serving garnish with chopped green onion.