This Strawberry Yogurt Clafoutis is a classic French dessert that combines the goodness of fresh strawberries and creamy yogurt in a light and fluffy custard. It is a perfect dessert for warm spring or summer days when you want to enjoy something light and refreshing.
The clafoutis batter is made with a mixture of flour, sugar, eggs, and milk, which is then mixed with yogurt and baked in the oven. The addition of yogurt gives the clafoutis a tangy and creamy flavor, while the strawberries provide a burst of sweetness and juiciness to every bite.
How to make strawberry yogurt clafoutis
To make a Strawberry Yogurt Clafoutis, first, preheat your oven to 350F (180C) and use butter to grease a 10-inch (26cm) round baking dish. Next, sprinkle around two tablespoons of sugar over the buttered surface of the dish.
Wash the strawberries thoroughly and drain well, then pat them dry with a clean dishtowel and remove their leaves. Arrange the strawberries in a single layer and set them aside while you prepare the batter.
In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugar, then add in the flour and mix well. Pour in the milk and yogurt, followed by the vanilla extract, and stir until the batter is well blended. You should end up with a mixture that resembles crepe batter.
Pour the batter over the strawberries in the prepared baking dish, ensuring that it’s spread evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the cake is puffed up and set in the center. Once done, let it cool to room temperature before sprinkling some powdered sugar on top just before serving.
This Strawberry Yogurt Clafoutis is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any occasion. With its light and airy texture and the sweet and tangy flavors of strawberries and yogurt, it is sure to become a new family favorite. If you try it out, make sure to tag me on Instagram. Would love to see how it turns out for you. Enjoy!
Other custard recipes you may like to try
This Strawberry Bread Pudding is a sweet and indulgent dessert made with chunks of bread, fresh strawberries, and a creamy custard mixture. It’s then baked to perfection and served warm, making it the perfect comfort food dessert.
This Cherry Clafoutis is a traditional French dessert, this dish consists of fresh cherries baked in a sweet, eggy batter. It has a custard-like texture and is often served with powdered sugar on top. It’s a simple yet elegant dessert that is perfect for entertaining or enjoying as a special treat.
Another recipe we highly recommend is this Strawberry Dutch Baby Pancake. This puffy, oven-baked pancake is a popular breakfast dish that’s also perfect for dessert. It’s made with a batter of eggs, flour, milk, and sugar, and is typically served with fresh strawberries and a dusting of powdered sugar. It’s a simple yet impressive dish that is sure to impress your guests.
- 1 pound (500g) fresh strawberries
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 2/3 cup (160ml) milk
- 1 cup (240g) plain yogurt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease a round 10-inch (26cm) baking dish with butter. Dust with about 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Wash strawberries, drain well, pat dry with a clean dishtowel and remove leaves.
- Arrange the strawberries in a single layer and set aside until you prepare the batter.
- Mix eggs with sugar and salt. Stir in flour. Add milk and yogurt, vanilla extract and mix well until well blended. The result is similar to crepes mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish over the strawberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until puffed and set in the center. Let cool to room temperature and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.