- Veggie Burgers - Sweet Potato Burger Patties
- Double Chocolate Rum Cookies
- Pistachio Raspberry Lime Mousse Cake
- Christmas Wreath - Christmas Braided Bread
- Christmas Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Gingerbread Orange Cake Roll
- Cranberry Pistachio Fudge without Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Cake
Watch the video for this recipe:
I think it's obvious that I love strawberries after how many strawberry recipes I've posted so far. Strawberry season is one of my favorite time of the year as these fruits are simply incredible, so flavorful and can be used in so many delicious combinations.
This recipe for strawberry scones is very easy, takes only 10 to 15 minutes to prepare and you end up having a memorable breakfast. These scones are best served warm just after taking them out of the oven. The sprinkled sugar on top creates a crispy crust while the interior is soft and filled with strawberries. It's really hard to resist.
For these strawberry scones I've used buttermilk instead of heavy cream. I didn't want to add more fat as they already have butter. I must say they turned absolutely great, really buttery and soft inside, not too sweet, with a great crispy top, simply perfect.
- Makes about 8 scones
- 1 1/2 cups (250g) strawberries, stemmed and cut into small pieces
- 2 1/4 cups (280g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 2 tsp (10g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp (80g) butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (120g) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- sugar, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Chop the strawberries and set aside. In a large bowl whisk the flour with sugar, baking powder and salt.
Add the butter cubes, and using a pastry cutter or fork cut the butter until the pieces are no bigger than peas.
Add chopped strawberries and toss until are coated in flour mixture.
Combine egg with buttermilk and add over the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
Transfer dough onto a floured surface. Shape into a circle of about 8 inch (20 cm) in diameter, then cut into 8 triangles.
Transfer the scones on the baking sheet and brush with egg. Sprinkle with some sugar to get a crispy top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to cooling rack. The scones are best served warm. Enjoy.