I am among the persons that really love Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Last time I bought 4 pounds and cooked them all in about a week :). I like the fact they can be cooked in so many ways, using different vegetables and make different side dish each time. I rarely make the same recipe twice when I cook Brussels sprouts. I usually use whatever vegetables I have in house, garlic, onion, celery, carrots, chestnuts, peas and now cranberries and nuts.
When I saw this recipe on Rachel’s blog, Simply Fresh Cooking I said to myself I had to try it and it didn’t take too long until I did. I like the simplicity of this recipe and though I didn’t have pecans at that time I used pine nuts. I loved the combination, actually I love it so much that I already made this for about three times now. You can replace the garlic with onion if that please you more, in either way it is delicious.
The sweet cranberries and crunchy toasted nuts go perfect with Brussels Sprouts. When roasted in the oven, the Brussels Sprouts’ leaves that loose become brown and crunchy. What other better side dish than this roasted Brussels sprouts with cranberries and pine nuts for this time of the year?
Most of the people cook them more often during the holidays, I would say that they are delicious for any other time too.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Pine Nuts
Adapted after SimplyFreshCooking
- 1 pound (500g) Brussels Sprouts , trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp (30g) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (60g) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (35g) pine nuts (walnuts or pecans are as good)
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast stirring once or twice ,until golden brown, crisp on the outside, and tender on the inside, about 30-35 minutes.
- During the last 7-10 minutes of cooking time, stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Transfer to the serving dish and serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.