This Roasted Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich with gooey melted cheese, summer roasted tomatoes, fresh basil and crispy buttery bread slices is a great choice for breakfast or lunch whenever you want something quick, satisfying and delicious. Summer roasted tomatoes are flavorful and are a great choice for filling these sandwiches and create unique and impressive sandwiches.
Roasting the tomatoes gets the best out of them, as the tomato flavor is enhanced and makes a great way to enjoy their sweet, rich, summery flavor.
You can always create your grilled cheese sandwich with different fillings or simple, with nothing else but cheese, what remains the same is the way of preparing them. Use generous amount of soften butter spread directly on the bread not on the pan, grated cheese like cheddar cheese, mozzarella that melts and makes gooey grilled sandwiches and use a hot nonstick pan to cook on both sides until sides are crispy, golden brown and cheese melted.
Hope you will try this amazing Roasted Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Enjoy!
Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits
Roasted Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 9 oz (250g) cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the sandwhiches
- 1 ½ cup (150g) cheddar cheese , grated
- Butter , room temperature
- Fresh basil leaves
- 8 bread slices
- Prepare roasted tomatoes. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place tomatoes to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until tomatoes are roasted.
- Prepare the sandwiches. Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Spread butter on the sides of the bread. With butter side down, top with cheddar cheese, roasted tomato and basil leaves. Top with the other slice of bread, butter side up.
- Place the sandwich on the pan and cook until the bottom is golden brown, for about 3 minutes. Flip, press with a spatula and cook the other side until crispy, golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.