This Smoked Salmon Carbonara is so easy to prepare that you don’t need more than 15 minutes to have this all done and ready to be served. It is a quick meal, and looks appetizing, your guests or family will enjoy it.
Pasta Carbonara is an Italian pasta dish based on eggs, cheese, bacon, and black pepper.
I wanted to prepare a little healthier Carbonara recipe that uses smoked salmon instead of bacon, also added some lemon zest and chives on top for serving to bring a little more flavor and color to this dish. This recipe doesn’t use any additional cream. it’s just the eggs and Parmesan that make them creamy. I must say it was incredibly delicious beyond my expectations.
Hope you will try this recipe for Salmon Carbonara and let me know if you try it out. Enjoy!
Smoked Salmon Carbonara
- 7 oz (200 g) spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic , peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 1/2 cup (55 g) Parmesan cheese
- 2.5 oz (70 g) smoked salmon
- chives and lemon zest , for serving
- Cook the pasta to the al dente stage in lightly salted water.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, cheese and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- In a frying pan heat olive oil and cook garlic over medium heat until softened. Add in the salmon and cook until warm. We only need to heat the salmon as is already cooked. Remove from heat.
- Drain the pasta (reserve some of the cooking water ) and return them in the pan with the garlic and salmon. Stir to coat the pasta.
- Add egg mixture and chives, toss well so the heat heat from the pasta cook the eggs. Add cooking water to get the consistency you prefer.
- Serve with freshly ground black pepper, grated parmesan and some lemon zest on top.