This recipe for Chocolate and Cream Cheese Marbled Brownies is one of those that work for various occasions either holidays, different parties, or anniversaries. I have done this for many years and it has been appreciated each time but never had the occasion to make the photos until now and be able to finally post them here.
It’s not only the marbled effect that makes it tempting, the taste is incredibly flavorful… the orange makes it so festive, and the subtle flavor of coffee in combination with chocolate and almond makes it irresistible. The cream cheese is a perfect addition to any kind of chocolate-based cakes.
I have reduced the quantity of sugar and chocolate from the original recipe, and replaced some of the chocolate with cocoa powder to reduce the number of calories and still don’t affect the taste.
You have to give this Chocolate and Cream Cheese Marbled Brownies a try as I am sure you will be delighted.
If you like marbled desserts you may also like this Marbled Bundt Cake or this delicious Marbled Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake. Also these festive Marbled Icing Sugar Cookies are also a great impressive treat that everybody will love.
Chocolate and Cream Cheese Marbled Brownies
- 7 oz (200 g) butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 7 oz (200 g) bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup espresso
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cup flour
Cream Cheese Batter
- 1 pound (500 g) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- zest of one orange
- 1 egg
- orange juice of one orange
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate on bain marie. Meanwhile in a large bowl add the butter and sugar and mix well until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and mix well until incorporated.
- Mix in the coffee, vanilla extract and melted chocolate. Add cocoa powder, flour and baking powder and mix again to combine. Set aside to prepare the cream cheese batter.
- In another bowl mix well the cream cheese with egg, sugar, orange zest and orange juice.
- Pour the chocolate batter into the prepared baking sheet. Place spoons of cream cheese batter on top of it. With a knife create swirls to get the marble effect.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool at room temperature. Cut it simple in bars or any other shape you prefer using pastry cutters. Enjoy!