Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Posted on April 18, 2011
This is one of my favorite desserts. It's elegant smooth, creamy, airy and most of all it has lots of chocolate. I always recommend this dessert for elegant dinners.
15 mins + overnight chilling
- Makes 2-3 servings
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 50g butter
- 4 tbsp sugar
- flavors - you choose (rum, orange, zest, lemon zest, mint, etc)
- Melt chocolate over a bain-marie until smooth. Add butter and incorporate until well blended.
- Whip egg whites until foamy with a mixer and gradually add the sugar whipping the whole time until it holds very stiff peaks.
- Beat the yolks with your chosen flavor ingredients, add to chocolate mixture.
- Fold in a spoonful of the whites into chocolate mixture then pour chocolate into the remaining whites and fold gently until well combined.
- Pour the mousse into serving bowls. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate few hours or overnight. Garnish any way you desire before serving.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:515, Fat:32.7 g, Saturated Fat:20.3 g, Carbohydrates:46.9 g, Sugar:42.9 g, Fiber:1.7 g, Protein:9.5 g, Cholesterol:233 mg, Calories from Fat 294, Sodium 197mg, Vitamin A 14%, Calcium 12%, Vitamin C 0%, Iron 11%, Nutrition Grade C, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.