Recently I’ve made this Chocolate Mousse that I really fell in love with and I wanted to make a layered mousse too, by using white chocolate mousse in combination with dark chocolate mousse.
So here it is.. white and dark chocolate mousse, a delicious dessert you can never say “No” to it. The mousse is smooth, creamy, airy and chocolatey, a perfect treat for chocolate lovers.
White and Dark Chocolate Mousse
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 100 g white chocolate
- 3 big eggs
- 50 g butter
- 4 tbsp sugar
- flavors- your choice (rum, orange zest)
- Melt dark chocolate over a bain-marie until smooth. Add half of butter and incorporate until well blended. Repeat this step with the white chocolate in another bowl.
- Whip egg whites until foamy with a mixer and gradually add the sugar whipping the whole time until it holds very stiff peaks. Split the whites in 2 bowls.
- Beat the yolks with your chosen flavor ingredients, split in half and add to each of chocolate mixtures. Remove from heat.
- Fold in a spoonful of the whites into each of chocolate mixtures then pour each chocolate into the remaining whites and fold gently until well combined.
- The white mousse will not be as thick as the dark mousse so first pour the dark mousse into serving bowls, then pour the white mousse and finish with dark mousse on top. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate few hours or overnight. Sprinkle with grated chocolate before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Looks so beautiful and sounds delicious.
Sounds perfect! A creamy mousse is a great end to any meal!
Wow… I am in awe right now. This looks simply amazing! Great job!
No one in their right mind would say No to this!
This looks so creamy and delicious!
How utterly beautiful! This would be a certain hit at our house…thanks for sharing~
Love the way the white chocolate ‘floats’ above the dark!
That is something I can never say no to no matter how full I am. Love love the way you have presented it.
so the egg whites get cooked with the chocolate then? I just want to make sure! Thanks!
No, they don’t get cooked with the chocolate. You whip egg whites separately. When chocolate is melt, add egg yolks, stir and remove from bain- marie. Only then fold in a spoonful of the whites into chocolate mixture to make it more fluffy then pour this mixture into the remaining whites.
Such a gorgeous treat.
Ella, I am very glad you liked it. I really appreciate your feedback. Please don't hesitate to write me back any time you try one of my recipes or have any questions.
Hi, I want to say that I love your recipes. Your detailed explanation helps us achieve a similar result both in taste and look. After trying a couple of your recipes, I am convinced that all of your recipes are going to be a hit between family and friends. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and spreading love through food 🙂 wishing you happiness and good health always….