I’ve always wanted to try homemade nutella, to make my own chocolate hazelnuts spread and finally here it is. Making it at home lets you control the content of sugar and of hazelnuts, which is really important as the kids love it and I want to give them a healthier spread than the store-bought one.
This is a more intense version of Nutella, I also dare to say tastier, healthier and absolutely delicious. If served with homemade bread it’s even better.
I also recommend trying this Homemade Nutella – Chocolate Hazelnut Praline Spread made with caramelized sugar which I discovered recently and is absolutely amazing.
Nutella Pull Apart Bread
Ferrero Rocher Mousse Cake (Nutella Mousse Cake)
Homemade Nutella-Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1 cup hazelnuts (roasted and peeled)
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Process nuts in a food processor for about 5 minutes until you get a smooth liquid butter texture.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate over a bain-marie until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, sugar, cocoa powder, oil and vanilla extract to hazelnuts and process until smooth.
- Transfer the spread into a small sauce pan and cook at 50 C (very low temperature) for 5 minutes then place finished hazelnut chocolate spread to an airtight container, let cool then refrigerate. Stir before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
This looks so yummy! I’ve been looking for this recipe for awhile!
These look so good – cannot wait to try this recipe!