This Chocolate Mascarpone Ice Cream is an amazing summer dessert you can easily prepare at home without needing an ice cream maker.
I simply love chocolate, no matter the season. I never leave myself without dark chocolate in the house for whenever I am craving for some.
So I finally had the idea of using Mascarpone cheese in my recipe which makes the ice cream more rich and creamy and that was exactly what I was looking for.
The result is an incredible chocolate mascarpone ice cream, rich and chocolatey and very refreshing, an irresistible treat to true chocolate lovers.
Chocolate Mascarpone Ice Cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (120g) heavy cream
- 1 cup (240g) Mascarpone
- 2 tbsp (16g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 oz (150g) semisweet chocolate for melting
- 2 oz (60g) semisweet chocolate , chopped
- Melt the 5 oz (150g) of chocolate over bain marie. Chop the 2 oz (60g) of dark chocolate and set aside.
- Place the eggs and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat for 6–8 minutes or until thick and pale. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix in the mascarpone into the egg mixture. Fold the melted chocolate until well combined.
- Whisk the cream until stiff peaks form. Add the cocoa powder and gently fold through the egg mixture until well combined.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.