This Chocolate Mascarpone Ice Cream is an amazing summer dessert you can easily prepare at home without needing an ice cream maker.
I simply love chocolate, no matter the season. I never leave myself without dark chocolate in the house for whenever I am craving for some.
So I finally had the idea of using Mascarpone cheese in my recipe which makes the ice cream more rich and creamy and that was exactly what I was looking for.
The result is an incredible chocolate mascarpone ice cream, rich and chocolatey and very refreshing, an irresistible treat to true chocolate lovers.
Chocolate Mascarpone Ice Cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (120g) heavy cream
- 1 cup (240g) Mascarpone
- 2 tbsp (16g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 oz (150g) semisweet chocolate for melting
- 2 oz (60g) semisweet chocolate , chopped
- Melt the 5 oz (150g) of chocolate over bain marie. Chop the 2 oz (60g) of dark chocolate and set aside.
- Place the eggs and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat for 6–8 minutes or until thick and pale. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix in the mascarpone into the egg mixture. Fold the melted chocolate until well combined.
- Whisk the cream until stiff peaks form. Add the cocoa powder and gently fold through the egg mixture until well combined.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Oh yes. Yes. Yes. Chocolate. I love it. Oh sweet wonderful dear rich delicious chocolate. Mhmmmmm
Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.. Yummy dish and a boon for chocolate lovers,,, Nice clicks
Just love it
Glad you like it:)
Would you know if this can be made in an ice cream maker?
Thanks for your great recipes love em’
I have just made this amazing ice cream. It really doesn’t need an ice cream maker because it is so dense that when it freezes it doesn’t even make those ice needles. The taste is absolutely divine, all my family love it. Thank you!