This easy recipe for Digestive Biscuits with Raisins is adapted from Gary Rhodes’ recipe with few personal changes. I added a little more sugar as I wanted them a bit more sweet and I added raisins as they bring a nice touch and make a perfect combination.
If you make this biscuits simple, without raisins, you can use them for preparing the crust for cheesecakes. In any case, these crispy, sweet digestive biscuits are so good that I decided to make them constantly for my family. The oats bring their specific flavor and are very good with tea or coffee in the morning or for kids.
Butter Cookies (Pastisetas)
Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Eggless Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Digestive Biscuits with Raisins
- 3/4 cup (100g) wholewheat flour
- 1 cup (100g) rolled oats
- 4 tbsp (60g) sugar
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 3 tbsp raisins
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter , at room temperature
- 2 tbsp (30ml) milk
- Put the oats in the bowl of a blender and run it 5 seconds to turn them into crumbs. Mix together all of the dry ingredients. Add butter and stir to form a breadcrumbs texture. Add milk to create a moist pastry consistency. Let the dough rest 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 F) and line one baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dust the working surface with a little flour and roll out the dough to a thickness of 3 mm (the dough is not very easy to work with). Cut circles of 7-8 cm in diameter, re-rolling any trimmings. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes until lightly brown.
- Let them cool on a wire rack. Keep them in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
These look fascinating. What makes a digestive biscuit a digestive biscuit? Is it just a cookie with a different name? I love the addition of the raisins with the oats and whole wheat.
As I know they are called digestive biscuits because they are made with whole wheat flour and rolled oats which makes them contain more fibers that are good for digestion. I personally like to add few tbsp of wheat bran also, which makes them even more digestive.
Is this recipe available in cups as opposed to grams?
Just added the cup measurement too.. Let me know if you try it ..
Thanks for adding the cup measurements. Now I can finally try this recipe:):)
I am trying to do this with all the recipes that doesn't have cup measurements. Hope I can finish this pretty soon. Happy Easter Kari.
Hi! As for me 4 tbsp. sugar is too much. I added 2 tbsp. sugar and it was too sweet for me.
This makes my evening beautiful <3 Love the combination of biscuits with raisins <3
How long can these biscuits last at room temperature?
For several days up to 1 week.. or you can simply freeze some for later. This is what I usually do.