These Baked Oats are a healthy and tasty way to start your day. They’re made using simple ingredients like creamy buttermilk, hearty oat flour, ripe banana, fresh eggs, and a bit of honey. The best part is, they don’t have any added refined sugar or butter, keeping it light ad healthy. And because they’re made in individual ramekins, you get your very own serving that’s warm and inviting.
Making them is easy – just mix everything together. The mashed banana adds sweetness, eggs hold everything together, buttermilk gives a nice tangy flavor, and oat flour makes it all satisfying. A drizzle of honey adds a touch of extra flavor.
Once the mix is ready, pour it into the ramekins. Top it with your favorite fruits and nuts and bake. The oven does its magic, turning the mixture into golden-brown Baked Oats with a soft inside. The banana gets all caramelized and sweet, and the oat flour makes everything stick together nicely.
When you dig in, you’ll experience a yummy blend of flavors – the creamy banana, the hearty oats, the fruits and the hint of honey.
How to make Baked Oats
First, heat up the oven to 350F (180C). Then, lightly grease 3 ramekins that can hold 1 cup (240ml) each, or 4-6 smaller ramekins.
Now, put the oats into a food processor and let it process until it becomes fine flour. In a big bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Add the eggs, honey, salt, and vanilla extract to the mashed banana. Mix them all together well.
Pour in the buttermilk and keep mixing until everything is nicely combined. Time to add the baking powder and oat flour. Mix it up really well.
Next, divide this mixture evenly among the ramekins you greased earlier. Sprinkle some blueberries, raspberries, and pecans on top of each. You can always use different fruits.
Place the ramekins in the oven and bake for around 25-30 minutes. You’ll know they’re ready when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Once they’re done, you can enjoy these treats on their own or with some Greek yogurt and honey. Hope you will try these Baked Oats, a breakfast that’s quick to prepare and is both tasty and good for you. Don’t forget the share the photos with me on Instagram if you try it out.
Other oatmeal recipes you may like to try
These Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Breakfast Cookies are probably one of the healthiest breakfast cookies you can ever get as they are full of nutrients. They include cereals, walnuts, raisins, seeds, bananas, yogurt, and eggs.
This Homemade Granola is a deliciously crunchy mixture perfect for a healthy breakfast or snack. It is an easy recipe that results in a yummy, sweet, nutty granola that is way better than what you can find in stores.
These Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars are healthy energy bars that the kids can have in the morning or on-the go. They’re packed with flavor and healthy ingredients, no cholesterol, no refined sugar, but still chocolaty, rich, a bit fudgy and with an amazing texture.
For more oatmeal treats check our full collection of Oatmeal Recipes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Eggless Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Oatmeal Energy Bars
Strawberry Oat Crumble Bars
Digestive Biscuits with Raisins
Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups
Apples and Oats Biscotti
Raspberry Yogurt Bars
Whole Wheat Carrot Biscuits
Pumpkin Apple Smoothie
The Best Apple Crumble
Baked Oats – Healthy Breakfast – No Flour – No Sugar – No Butter
- 1 ½ cup (150g) oats
- 1 medium banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tbsp (30g) honey
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180g) buttermilk
- 3/4 tsp (3g) baking powder
- blueberries , fresh or frozen
- raspberries , fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease slightly 3 ramekins, each of 1 cup (240ml) capacity or 4-6 smaller ramekins.
- Place the oats into the bowl of a food processor and process until turn into fine flour.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana using a fork. Add the eggs, honey, salt and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add the buttermilk and continue mixing until combined.
- Add the baking powder and oat flour and mix well to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared ramekins.
- Top with blueberries, raspberries and pecans. You can use any other seasonal fruits you like best.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve as is or alongside some Greek yogurt and honey.