This Eggplant Stew is a delicious comforting meal that goes perfectly with a good homemade crusty bread. If you like eggplants you should definitely give this eggplant stew a try.
The gluten free recipe for this eggplant stew is really easy, made with basic ingredients you usually have in house, made with a lot of vegetables and herbs.
Chicken Tikka Masala
This Eggplant Stew is a delicious comforting meal that goes perfectly with a good homemade crusty bread.
- 1 eggplant, cut in small cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1/3 cup celery root, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- parsley, celery leaves
- In a sauce pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic, red pepper, eggplant and celery root and saute for 10 minutes. Add paprika, tomatoes, chili pepper and vegetable stock and stir. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until eggplant is very tender.
- When the stew is almost ready stir in parsley , celery leaves and soy sauce. Add salt if needed. Add corn starch dissolved in 100 ml water. Stir constantly until the stew thickens. Remove from heat and serve.
Serving: 1gCalories: 85kcalCarbohydrates: 18.4gProtein: 3.8gFat: 0.6gSugar: 7.6g
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Good Day, “With reference to preparing egg plant for cooking, should egg plants be stripped of the skin or can it be cut in cubes with the skin?”