This Fish Fillet Soup is one of the most flavorful soups I’ve tried so far. The soup has a special aroma and tastes absolutely heavenly. Though I have never been a huge fan of fish soups, this one won my heart and now turns to be one of my favorite soups.
The recipe for this fish fillet soup is really easy and uses basic ingredients you usually have in house. What I love about this soup recipe is that is made with fennel, orange juice and herbs which bring an amazing flavor combination. If you are in search for a fish soup, I highly recommend trying this recipe.
Fish Fillet Soup
- 10 oz (300g) trout fillet , skinned & boned
- 2 onions , diced
- 5-6 medium potatoes , cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 14 oz (400g) can pelati tomatoes
- 1 quart (1 liter) water
- fresh juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp fresh celery leaves , chopped
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a stock pot heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic, fennel seed and potatoes and saute for about 5 minutes. Add paprika, water and stir.
- Add fish and thyme and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Puree the tomato can and add to the pot, add soy sauce, pepper and salt and simmer for 5 more minutes. Add orange juice and celery leaves simmer 2 more minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges and freshly baked onion bread.