This Fish Fillet Soup is one of the most flavorful soups you can prepare for the cold season. The soup has a special aroma and tastes absolutely heavenly. Though I have never been a huge fan of fish soups, this one won my heart and now turns out to be one of my favorite soups.
How to make Fish Fillet Soup.
The recipe for this fish fillet soup is really easy and uses basic ingredients you usually have in house. What I love about this soup recipe is that is, made with fennel, orange juice and herbs which bring an amazing flavor combination.
First, cook onion, garlic, fennel seed, and potatoes and saute for about 5 minutes. Add paprika, and water and stir well. Add the fish and thyme and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes before adding the tomato puree, soy sauce, pepper, and salt. Simmer for 5 more minutes. Add orange juice and fresh celery leaves and simmer for 2 more minutes and remove from heat. Serve hot with lemon wedges and freshly baked bread.
This soup is easy to make and can be on the table in under an hour. It’s also very versatile, you can use different types of fish and you can also adjust the level of spiciness to your liking. This soup is a great way to use up leftover vegetables in the fridge. It’s also a great option for people who wants to incorporate more fish into their diet. This fish fillet soup is a delicious and healthy dish that is sure to please seafood lovers.
If you are in search for a fish soup, I highly recommend trying this recipe. Tag me on Instagram if you do and enjoy it as much as we did.
OTHER FISH RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Fish Fillet Soup
- 10 oz (300g) trout fillet , skinned & boned
- 2 onions , diced
- 5-6 medium potatoes , cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 14 oz (400g) can pelati tomatoes
- 1 quart (1 liter) water
- fresh juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp fresh celery leaves , chopped
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a stock pot heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic, fennel seed and potatoes and saute for about 5 minutes. Add paprika, water and stir.
- Add fish and thyme and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Puree the tomato can and add to the pot, add soy sauce, pepper and salt and simmer for 5 more minutes. Add orange juice and celery leaves simmer 2 more minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges and freshly baked onion bread.