Roasted potatoes, parsnips and carrots have been one of my favorite side dishes lately. Love root vegetables’ sweetness that is enhanced once roasted. This is by far one of the easiest side dishes, perfect for any occasion. As Thanksgiving is approaching this simple side dish might be a perfect choice alongside turkey.
This root vegetable combination is simple and delicious. They get crispy on the outside and soft in the inside. You can choose whatever spices or herbs you prefer, there is no rule here.
Kids really love this Roasted Potatoes, Parsnips and Carrots dish, I am happy I found such a good healthy way to make them eat various root vegetables. If your kids doesn’t eat parsnips or carrots in other dishes they will love them cooked this way.
Recipe slightly adapted after jamieoliver
Roasted Potatoes, Parsnips and Carrots
- 2 pounds potatoes , cut into wedges
- 6 parsnips
- 7-8 small carrots
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Mixed herbs: thyme , oregano
- green onion or parsley for garnish , optional
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel potatoes, parsnips and carrots. If carrots and parsnips are too large cut them in halves lengthwise, otherwise leave them whole. Cut the potatoes into wedges.
- Place the vegetables into a large bowl and add salt, pepper, spices, herbs and oil. Toss well to combine. Add more oil if too dry.
- Spread the vegetables evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hr, until crispy on the outside and beautifully roasted.