Summer calls for no-bake recipes as much as possible and as I was craving some chocolate dessert lately, I found some recipes for healthy no-bake brownies on Pinterest. The one that caught my attention was this easy recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie that looks awesome, and is refined sugar-free as well.
I decided to give it a try, didn’t change the recipe too much, just added a bit more cocoa powder, some coconut oil instead of water, and some cocoa nibs for extra texture and I must say the recipe is far better than expected.
These gluten-free brownies are not only healthy but turned fudgy, gooey, chocolaty, and nutty, hard not to fall in love with them from the first bite. Depending on the ingredients you use you can make them raw-vegan also.
As one of the main ingredients is cocoa powder is really important to use good quality cocoa with a great chocolate flavor to enjoy this recipe to its best.
Hope you will try these delicious healthy no-bake brownies, and don’t forget to et me know if you try them out. Enjoy!
Recipe slightly adapted after Chocolate Covered Katie
Healthy No-Bake Brownies
- 2 ½ cups (400g) pitted dates
- 1 ½ cups (150g) walnuts
- 1/2 cup (60g) cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp (20g) cocoa nibs , optional
- 1 ½ tsp (7g) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (15g) coconut oil , melted
- 1/4 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (80g) honey or agave/maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30g) coconut oil , melted
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) vanilla extract
- Place the walnuts, dates, walnuts, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, coconut oil and salt into the bowl of a food processor. Process until completely combined and the mixture holds together.
- Slightly grease a 8×8 inch (20x20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper, in such a way that some edges are longer to make it easy to lift it up once it's set.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan and press with the back of a wet spoon to create a smooth surface.
- Prepare the frosting. In a small bowl combine the cocoa with honey (agave/maple syrup), coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Spread evenly over the mixture in the pan.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to set. Keep leftovers refrigerated.