My whole family loves Nutella and I also like to use it a lot in my dessert recipes. Therefore making my own Nutella was a must. Today I am sharing with you this amazing Chocolate Hazelnut Praline Spread which my family loves.
I have already posted a version of Homemade Nutella, few years ago, which is really good, but this time I come with a new version, made with hazelnut praline. This time not only the hazelnuts are toasted, but the sugar is turned into caramel as well, which brings an amazing enriched flavor. The nuts and caramel are then turned into a thick paste before going further with the recipe. The steps are really easy and goes quite quick, the recipe requires only a few ingredients and a food processor which is a must.
As I use a great amount of hazelnuts, my version is definitely more nutty than the store-bought one. It is also less sweet, and is made without any palm oil. So I highly recommend you try this decadent chocolate hazelnut praline spread which I am sure you will love as much as we did. Enjoy!
Nutella Pull Apart Bread
Ferrero Rocher Mousse Cake (Nutella Mousse Cake)
Homemade Nutella - Chocolate Hazelnut Praline Spread
- 7 oz (200g) hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup (135g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) water
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 7 oz (200g) milk chocolate
- 3 tbsp (45g) coconut oil , melted
- 2 tbsp (16g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300F (150C).
- Place the nuts on a baking sheet and let them toast for 15 minutes.
- Let them cool.
- In a small saucepan heat sugar and water over medium high heat until it turns golden brown. Pour the caramel over toasted hazelnuts and let cool completely. Break the praline into smaller pieces.
- Grind in a food processor until it gets into a thick paste, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt and continue processing until the mixture is as smooth as you like. Add the melted chocolate and mix to combine. It will thicken as it cools.
- Store in a cool dry place, in your pantry, no need to refrigerate.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
I would like to know if blender would work for this because we don’t have a food processor?