Skillet Brownie is the perfect recipe for whenever you are craving a chocolaty dessert but don’t have a lot of time.
All you need for this recipe is one skillet, a spatula and a few basic ingredients you probably already have in the house. The batter is prepared directly in the skillet, baked and then served warm, directly from the skillet. Isn’t that awesome?
A warm, rich, fudgy brownie, topped with ice cream is a chocolate lover dream come true. I fell in love with this quick dessert, I am almost certain you will feel the same too. Chocolate lovers, you must try this Skillet Brownie! Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (1g) instant coffee powder
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup (80g) all-purpose flour
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 oz (30g) semisweet chocolate chips , on top
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Place butter into a 9 inch (23cm) cast iron pan and melt over low heat. Add sugar, salt, cocoa powder and instant coffee. Mix to combine and remove from heat. Let cool slightly.
- Add vanilla extract and incorporate eggs one at time. Add flour and mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread 1 oz (30g) chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with few crumbs.
- Serve warm with your favorite ice cream and chocolate drizzle.