I am often asked for no-bake desserts, so here is an amazing recipe for No-Bake Ombre Berry Cheesecake, that is created in gradient layers and perfect for berry season. An homemade berry sauce is used for coloring the layers so no artificial colors are involved here.
It is an easy recipe that is pretty quick to assemble. You can even consider making the berry sauce a day before if this is best for you.
This No-Bake Ombre Berry Cheesecake is elegant and quite impressive with an amazing berry flavor that will definitely please your guests.
No-Bake White Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Cake
Raspberry Cheesecake Bites
No-Bake Nutella Swirl Cheesecake
No-Bake Ombre Berry Cheesecake
- 5 oz (150g) digestive biscuits/graham crackers
- 3 tbsp (45g) butter , melted
- 3.5 oz (100g) raspberries
- 3.5 oz (100g) blackberries
- 3.5 oz (100g) blueberries
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15ml) water
- 1/2 tbsp (5g) gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp (30ml) cold water
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 10 oz (300g) cream cheese , room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup (400g) whipping cream , 35%fat
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbsp (5g) gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp (30ml) water
- Prepare the berry sauce so it has time to cool before preparing the cream cheese mixture. Place the berries, sugar, lemon juice and water in a small sauce pan and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and sieve to remove seeds.
- While the sauce is preparing prepare the gelatin. Dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for about 5-10 minutes.
- Place gelatin over low heat just until the gelatin dissolves and then pour it over sieved berry sauce. Let the berry sauce cool at room temperature while you prepare the rest.
- Prepare the crust. Place the cookies or crackers into a bag and use a rolling pin to turn into crumbs. Transfer the crumbs into a bowl and stir in butter.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a non-stick 8 inch (20 cm) springform pan using the back of a spoon.
- Prepare the cream cheese mixture. Dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for about 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl mix cream cheese with powdered sugar. In another bowl whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually incorporate whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Place gelatin over low heat just until the gelatin dissolves and then pour it over cream cheese mixture and incorporate.
- Divide cream cheese mixture into three different bowls. Pour about two thirds of the berry sauce into one bowl. Pour the other third into the second bowl. Leave the other bowl as it is.
- Pour the deep purple cream cheese mixture over the crust and spread evenly. Freeze for about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the light purple cream cheese mixture and freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- Finish with the plain cream cheese mixture. Use an offset spatula to spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for about 6 hours or overnight until set.
- Before serving decorate with fresh berries and mint leaves.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Thank you for the recipe.it turned out so well
The gelatin is totally unnecessary. When the cream cheese mixture is refrigerated it will naturally be firm. I have made my cheese cake like that for years.
Gelatin changes the texture of cheese cake and is not pleasant at all.
Cheesecake sets indeed.. but when some sort of jam is added you need to add a bit of gelatin to set it u well.. If you add just a bit of gelatin as I did, you won't feel it's there and doesn't change the texture.
My springform pans start as lowest of 9x, should I double it or will it be okay?
You can use a 9 inch pan but is not necessary to double the quantity because the difference is too small.
Hi I did your ombre cheesecake but d colors were lighter, wanted to know how to make them darker without using food coloring. The darkest color was lavender pinkish, d lightest was a really light lavender, any advice would be appreciated.
You can use more fruit and probably more gelatins.
This looks amazing! How did you get the berry sauce? Did you buy pre-made or did you make it?
It looks delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe.