Few people know that you can use zucchini in sweet recipes as well as in savory dishes. This Chocolate Zucchini Bread is a great way to use zucchinis. Not only they bring a lot of nutritional value but also bring moisture and a great texture if used in loaf cakes, muffins, layer cakes and so on. You can not feel at all the zucchini and is a great way of hiding this vegetable in kids treats.
This Chocolate Zucchini Bread is simply delicious. The recipe is very easy, you don’t even need a hand mixer to prepare this. Goes really fast and the result is beyond expectations. Moist, rich, chocolaty and the chocolate chunks inside are melted and create an amazing texture.
Chocolate Pound Cake
Recipe slightly adapted after SallysBakingAddiction
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups (300g) zucchini , peeled
- 1 ¼ cup (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (6g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (1g) instant coffee
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) oil
- 1/4 cup (60g) yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 3.5 oz (100g) dark chocolate (55%-70%) , chopped
- 1.5 oz (40g) dark chocolate (55%-70%) , chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease and line a 9×5 inch (23x13cm) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place the grated zucchini in a sieve to remove excess moisture until you prepare the rest of ingredients.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, instant coffee and salt. Set aside until ready to use.
- In another bowl whisk eggs with sugar until well combined. Stir in vanilla extract, yogurt and oil. Add flour mixture and stir until well combined. Add grated zucchini and chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the rest of chocolate.
- Bake for about 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
I made this the other day and it was so chocolate-y and deliciously moist. I also added some roasted walnuts. It is not very sweet though, so I would recommend adding more sugar if you like really sweet cakes. It was wonderful!
Can I use coconut oil instead of oil? Can I skip instant coffee or what is the right replacement? I have frozen (peeled and grated) zucchini, will that be ok, when defrosted? Thank you.
Can I substitute zucchini with bananas? Thanks.