This Peach Cake with Meringue Topping is one of the best summer desserts with a perfect crunchy meringue topping. You can replace peaches with seasonal fruits like apples, pears, cherries, plums or apricots.
Apple Meringue Cake
Coffee Cake with Meringue Topping
Peach Chocolate Pavlova
Peach Cake with Meringue Topping
- 110 g butter
- 12 tbsp sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1 lemon finely grated zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 12 tbsp flour
- 5,6 medium peaches , peeled and sliced
- 4 egg whites
- 10 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter 10-inch(26 cm) springform pan(with a removable base).
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the egg yolks, sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Stir in dry ingredients, flour and baking powder.
- Pour the butter mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle a little flour over the peach slices and arrange them on the top of butter mixture. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile whip the egg whites until foamy with a mixer. Gradually add the sugar whipping the whole time until it holds very stiff peaks.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add egg whites on top of the cake and bake for another 20 minutes until golden brown. Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pan. Let cool at room temperature before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
The meringue topping puts this over the top! Sounds delicious!
Meringue topping is insane!!! Thanks for being so creative.
The cake looks great. I Love that you used a meringue on top.
I made this cake last night and I need some help! I’m not quite sure what happened but my cake layer never formed. When I cut open the cake, it was uber runny and the only ‘cake’ part that formed was around the edges. The flavors were still amazing, but I want to know what where I went wrong! Any advice?!
I am not sure what exactly went wrong but I know that if you respect all the steps it is working. I make this recipe for more than 10 years and I never had problems with it. Make sure you use the right amount of flour and cook at preheated oven -350 F temperature and cook at least 35 minutes. Cook 15 minutes until you add the egg whites and another 20 minutes after. Hope it helps. Let me know if you repeat this recipe.
Hi I just wanted to tell you that I’ve made this recipe at one of my friend’s house and it happened to me too. The edges were ok but the middle was a little runny, so I just put the cake back in the oven for about 10 more minutes and came out perfect. So I guess it’s an oven issue, probably they are not all the same even if it say 350F. So in this case maybe it’s better to live the cake 20 minutes then put the whites and cook for another 20 minutes (40 minutes total baking time instead of 30).
Hope it helps.
Can this be done with plums instead of peaches?