- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Cherry Summer Dessert
Cherry Summer Dessert - one of my favorite childhood desserts. Very easy to put all ingredients together and the interesting thing about this cake is the fact that while baking it forms by itself 3 different layers.
I simply love the refreshing taste the cherries on top bring to this cake. But you can also choose to make it simple, without fruits, for a classic and elegant dessert. Can be made all year round, even for holiday tables.
- Makes 9 servings
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (135g) sugar
- 1 cup fresh cherries, seeded
- Preheat the oven to 150C (300F).Grease a 7x10 inch baking pan and dust with flour.
- Separate egg yolks form egg whites. Mix egg yolks with sugar, butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Add flour and mix until well blended. Add milk and continue mixing until homogenous.
- Whip egg whites until foamy and form stiff peaks. Fold in egg whites into yolks mixture.
- Pour the mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for 90 minutes. After the first 15 minutes in the oven add cherries on top of the cake all over its' surface.
- Let cool completely at room temperature and refrigerate. Sprinkle powdered sugar before serving.