This Cherry Summer Dessert is one of my favorite childhood desserts. It is very easy to put all ingredients together and the interesting thing about this cake is the fact that while baking it forms by itself into three different layers.
I simply love the refreshing taste of this magic custard cake and the flavor and texture the cherries bring to this cake. You can also choose to make it simple, without fruits, for a classic and elegant dessert. Can be made all year round, even for holiday tables.
Cherry Summer Dessert
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter , at room temperature
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (135g) sugar
- 1 cup fresh cherries , seeded
- Preheat the oven to 150C (300F).Grease a 7×10 inch baking pan and dust with flour.
- Separate egg yolks form egg whites. Mix egg yolks with sugar, butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Add flour and mix until well blended. Add milk and continue mixing until homogenous.
- Whip egg whites until foamy and form stiff peaks. Fold in egg whites into yolks mixture.
- Pour the mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for 90 minutes. After the first 15 minutes in the oven add cherries on top of the cake all over its' surface.
- Let cool completely at room temperature and refrigerate. Sprinkle powdered sugar before serving.