Cheesecake Flan is a very delicate and elegant dessert that can be prepared for any occasion. It is rich with a smooth, silky texture and the delicious caramel syrup is making it absolutely irresistible.
It is the kind of dessert that needs to be made in advance as chilling it is essential. The recipe is really easy. Make sure no cream cheese lumps remain in the batter and make sure to skim off the foam so the flan doesn’t create a thick skin after baking. I’ve added lemon juice in the caramel to reduce its sweetness but feel free to leave it out if for some reason you don’t enjoy the lemon in your desserts. The cream cheese gives a great texture and blances the sweetness of the sweetened condensed milk in the batter.
All these being said I must say this Cheesecake Flan is one of the best desserts I have ever made. Hope you will give it a try. Enjoy!
Chocolate Salted Caramel Tart
Recipe slightly adapted after Allrecipes
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 tsp (10ml) fresh lemon juice , optional
- 1 package (8oz -230g) cream cheese , room temperature
- 5 large eggs , room temperature
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 1 can (14oz- 397g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12oz -350g) evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- In a small saucepan add sugar and lemon juice. Melt over low-medium heat until golden. Remove from heat and pour the hot caramel into the bottom of a 9 inch (23cm) pan. Swirl the pan to spread evenly. Set aside until you prepare the cream cheese mixture.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese until smooth. Incorporate eggs one at a time, vanilla extract, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk. Mix well until combined.
- Skim off the foam using a spatula and pour the cream cheese mixture over the caramel into the pan.
- Place the pan in a larger pan, place on oven rack and add boiling water halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until set or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes almost clean.
- Remove the pan from water and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or better overnight.
- Run a knife around the edges of the cake to unmold it and invert onto a serving plate.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
I have no printer & it took me a while to write it manually.
But it looks so interesting that I would like to let you know my results.
Thank you anyway’
Gervais (also called Gerry).
I’ve never baked anything or made a dessert in my life. However, thanks to your great video tutorial, I was able to make this for my wife’s name day (she is from Bulgaria). It turned out great! Following your recipes is giving me the confidence to try to cook new recipes 🙂 Thank you!
Amazing!!!! Easy to make and it’s really good!! My family loves it!
Hello. Can I use milk instead of evaporated milk? It is difficult to buy in my country. Thank you.
I am a fresh cheesecake baker and I am glad to know this new recipe for my family. They loved it very much on my first trial and as I posted the picture on Facebook one of my girlfriends asked me to make her one. It turned out that Flan is all time favorite when most of my Facebook friends liked my post and calling it a Cheesecake Flan makes it unique.
Can this be done by using a steamer?