- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake
Homemade Graham Crackers
Have you ever tried making homemade graham crackers? I did only recently and for me there is no turning back. They are definitely better than any store-bought ones. They can make a great snack alongside some yogurt or any other way you like them and are even suitable for making delicious graham crackers crust for various desserts like cheesecakes, tarts and no bake-desserts. They can also make a great snack on the go.
I tried to make the crackers not too sweet and reduced the amount of sugar used. As honey is added to this recipe there is no need for too much sugar. The cinnamon and cloves bring a wonderful flavor and while baking all the house is filled with an amazing smell. I will be making these again and again maybe even several batches and freeze so I can have for later.
The recipe is easy and kids can be involved too. Making graham crackers was a fun activity made with my little daughters, they really enjoyed pricking all the crackers using a fork. Try it out and see how easy and delicious they are.
Recipe slightly adapted after Martha Stewart
- Makes about 20-25 crackers
- 1 1/2 cups (190g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (125g) whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (30g) wheat bran
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup (220g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30g) honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180C).
In a medium bowl combine flours, wheat bran, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves.
In another bowl, mix the butter with sugar and honey until fluffy.
With mixer speed to low incorporate the flour mixture and mix until combined. If necessary use your hands to form a dough. Divide the dough into 2 pieces.
Place one piece of dough onto a parchment paper. Cover with another parchment paper and start rolling the dough into a rectangle of about 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick.
Remove the parchment paper on top and using a pastry cutter cut the edges to form a perfect rectangle and then cut into smaller rectangles (about ( 2 X 5 inches - 5 X 12 cm ). Prick crackers using a fork. Slide the parchment paper into a baking sheet. If you want you can freeze at this point to chill for 20 minutes and get firm before baking. (I baked the crackers right away and turned great.)
Bake for 9-10 minutes until dark golden brown. Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer crackers to wire racks to cool completely.
- Crackers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 3-5 days.